As we enter 2014, it’s a good time for spokespeople to make some resolutions for the new year. Here are our suggestions for six promises that all spokespeople should make.
1. I will make sure I know exactly what I’m getting into.
2. I will answer the question before moving on to the point I want to make.
3. I will not use jargon words that the audience won’t understand.
4. If I can’t answer the question, I will say so – I will not bluff.
5. I will stay cool and calm, even when the interviewer is trying to antagonise me.
6. I will not sing.
Happy New Year!